We are looking for energetic, open-minded teachers to foster curiosity, exploration, and respect with young children. In 2020, Our Neighborhood expanded adding the Learning Studio, a P-2 classroom serving children preschool (age 3) through 2nd grade (age eight). Now, we are looking for more teachers to join in our growth. Learning Studio teachers engage with a mixed age group of children. We are looking for a new team member to take on the role of atelierista in our beautiful art studio, known as the atelier. The atelier is a space for sculpting, painting, drawing, and artistic explorations. The atelierista is responsible for supporting the artistic development of the children and teaches full time as a part of a co-teaching team each focused on different spaces and aspects of the Reggio inspired preschool curriculum.
One of Our Neighborhood’s values is authenticity. As such, we hope that our teachers will bring their full selves to work, with all their diverse perspectives to share. An Our Neighborhood team member should first love working with children. Teachers act from a belief that young children are competent individuals worthy of a loving engaging environment. Strong candidates have a disposition towards learning and reflection, collaboration skills, and the ability to be self directed.
As a teacher at Our Neighborhood, you will have an opportunity to engage in lifelong learning and contribute your gifts to a thriving school. We hope you will join us in positively impacting the lives of young children and families.
- Must communicate respectfully with children, colleagues, and families.
- Ability to manage the physical demands of caring for active children, being outdoors in all weather, bending, and lifting.
- Must be vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a religious or medical exemption.
- Building deep authentic community relationships based in mutual respect.
- Creating a safe environment for children to take healthy risks.
- Fostering a Reggio-inspired curriculum based in a view of children as competent learners and thinkers.
- Using Our Neighborhood philosophies (ex: Nonviolent Communication, Conscious Discipline).
- Engaging with self management practices of Holacracy.
- Keeping composure to support children through challenges.
- Maintaining awareness, presence, and attunement in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Receiving and implementing feedback in a team of reflective teachers.
- Ability to be self-directed and self-reflective.
Salary: 32,510 annually
Job Type: Full Time
Email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] to apply.