Full-Time Toddler Teacher
We are looking for energetic, open-minded teachers to help foster curiosity, exploration, and respect with young children. An Our Neighborhood team member should love working with children and believes that infants and toddlers are competent individuals worthy of a loving, engaging environment. We need teachers who make value-based decisions and participate actively in a team based on values of mutual respect and authenticity.
Our Neighborhood can provide you the opportunity to dramatically impact the lives of young children and families while you to grow into the teacher you want to be. Our Neighborhood provides many professional development opportunities for teachers to learn and grow. Strong candidates have a disposition towards learning and reflection, excellent communication and collaboration skills, and the ability to be self directed, managing time, and completing projects.
- Interacting and connecting with children, families, and Our Neighborhood partners in ways that support strong relationships, respect and collaboration.
- Working in a co-teaching team to maintain a healthy, safe, and engaging classroom environment, develop curriculum and care for a group of up to 16 toddlers and three co-teachers.
- Communicating daily with families, scheduling and conducting bi-annual parent-teacher conferences, supporting families in their learning.
- Fostering a rich Reggio-inspired curriculum based in a strong view of children as learners and thinkers.
- Using Our Neighborhood philosophies (ex: RIE, Non-Violent Communication, Conscious Discipline) to inform daily practice.
- Approaching conflicts as opportunities to learn and coaching children to be problem solvers.
- Learning about and participating in Holacracy, a unique organizational structure allowing for an agile, self-governing system, rather than a traditional hierarchical approach.
Salary: $28,000-33,000 annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] to apply.