Temporary Full-Time Early Childhood Educator
While one of our teachers is out on maternity, leave we are looking for a temporary teacher to step in and learn with us this November through early 2020. An Our Neighborhood team member should love working with children and believe that infants and toddlers are competent individuals worthy of a loving, engaging environment. We need teachers who make value-based decisions and participate actively in a team based on values of mutual respect and authenticity.
- Floating between infant, toddler, and two-year-old classrooms. Flexibility working with diverse teaching teams.
- Interacting and connecting with children, families, and Our Neighborhood partners in ways that support strong relationships, respect and collaboration.
- Using Our Neighborhood philosophies (ex: RIE, Non-Violent Communication, Conscious Discipline) to inform daily practice.
- Approaching conflicts as opportunities to learn and coaching children to be problem solvers.
- Learning about and participating in Holacracy. Holacracy is a unique organizational structure allowing for an agile, self-governing system, rather than a traditional hierarchical approach.
Job Type: Temporary October - Early 2019
Email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] to apply.