Zero-to-Three Reflective Educator Apprenticeship
We are looking for energetic, open-minded teachers to foster curiosity, exploration, and respect with young children. In this apprenticeship program teachers work and study for two years to earn a Zero-to-Three Reflective educator credential. We will teach you all there is to know about support infants and toddlers while you work with them alongside amazing mentor teachers.
One of Our Neighborhood’s values is authenticity. As such, we hope that our teachers will bring their full selves to work, with all their diverse perspectives to share. An Our Neighborhood team member should first love working with children. Teachers act from a belief that young children are competent individuals worthy of a loving engaging environment. Strong candidates have a disposition towards learning and reflection, collaboration skills, and the ability to be self directed.
As a teacher at Our Neighborhood, you will have an opportunity to learn from diverse teaching teams and contribute your gifts to a thriving school. We hope you will join us in positively impacting the lives of young children and families. Our Neighborhood provides many professional development opportunities for teachers to learn and grow; through which you could grow to be the teacher you want to be.
- Interacting and connecting with children, families, and Our Neighborhood partners in ways that support strong relationships, respect, and collaboration.
- Working in a co-teaching team to maintain a healthy, safe, and engaging classroom environment, develop curriculum, and care for all children.
- Communicating daily with families, scheduling and conducting bi-annual parent-teacher conferences, supporting families in their learning.
- Fostering a rich Reggio-inspired curriculum based in a strong view of children as learners and thinkers.
- Using Our Neighborhood philosophies (ex: RIE, Nonviolent Communication, Conscious Discipline) to inform daily practice.
- Approaching conflicts as opportunities to learn, and coaching children to be problem solvers.
- Learning about and participating in Holacracy, a unique organizational structure allowing for an agile, self-governing system, rather than a traditional hierarchical approach.
Salary: 32,510 annually
Job Type: Full Time
Email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] to apply.