Early Childhood Internship
We are looking for energetic, open-minded interns to help foster curiosity, authenticity, and respect with young children. An Our Neighborhood intern should love working with children and believe that young children are competent individuals worthy of a loving, engaging environment.
As an intern, you will be in one of two spaces, working with children 0-3 years or 3-8 years. Each room has a slightly different approach and rhythm to their days, but each upholds the same values.
ONCDC interns will have the opportunity to participate as a teacher, learning from the teaching team and receiving feedback to help them grow. They will have time to reflect on the learning they see, and create documentation to reflect that back to the children, as well as opportunities to grow professionally.
- Committed to wanting more for the image of children everywhere and the view of the child being a capable & competent one
- Able to meet the physical demands of the position (i.e. care for active young children, outdoors in all weathers, repetitive bending and lifting)
- Must have creativity, compassion, and flexibility necessary for working with children, parents and team members.
- Excellent communication skills – proactive in asking questions to learn the routines of each room
- Thrives on being on-the-go in changing environments
- At least 16 years old
What will you learn?
- Respectful Care
- Reggio Emilia Philosophy
- Conscious Discipline
- Circle of Security
- Conflict Resolution
- Value Based Decision Making
This position is non-exempt, part time and does not include benefits. Starting compensation is $15/hour.
Salary: $15 hourly
Job Type: Part-time
Email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] to apply.