Nonviolent Communication Community of Practice
A guided practice of the principles of nonviolent communication.
Basic human needs connect us. Feelings give insight into needs. Speaking through feelings and needs opens up new strategies. Nonviolent Communication (NVC), developed by Marshall Rosenberg, guides us to reframe communication. By focusing our consciousness on what we are observing, feeling, needing, and requesting we transform how we express ourselves, how we hear others, and resolve conflicts.
It is a process that leads us toward a quality of connection among people where everyone’s needs are valued and are met through compassionate giving—out of the joy of contributing to another human being. The potency of NVC is in its pragmatic simplicity.
- 3rd Thursday of the Month from 7 - 8:30 pm
- We will be meeting via Zoom until further notice.
- Host: Jenn Slack, Our Neighborhood NVC Mentor
- Support: Gregg Kendrick, Certified NVC Trainer
- Intentional practice of NVC skills.
- A safe connected place for learning.
- Facilitated exploration of communication challenges through connection to universal needs.
- Everyone is welcome!