If you are an energetic, open-minded teacher, willing to foster curiosity, exploration, and hold respect for young children, you may be a good fit! One of Our Neighborhood’s values is authenticity. As such, we hope that our teachers will bring their full selves to work, with all their diverse perspectives to share.
You will work with various teachers throughout the school and will get feedback and support to help you grow with us. Our Neighborhood provides many professional development opportunities for teachers to learn and grow.
- Interacting and connecting with children, families, and Our Neighborhood partners in ways that support strong relationships, respect, and collaboration.
- Filling the duties of a teacher in their absence or scheduled out of classroom time.
- Working in a co-teaching team to maintain a healthy, safe, and engaging classroom environment, develop curriculum, and care for all children.
- Fostering a rich Reggio-inspired curriculum based on a strong view of children as learners and thinkers.
- Using Our Neighborhood philosophies (ex: RIE, Nonviolent Communication, Conscious Discipline, Circle of Security) to inform daily practice.
- Approaching conflicts as opportunities to learn, and coaching children to be problem solvers.
- Keeping composure to support children through challenges.
- Maintaining awareness, presence, and attunement in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Receiving and implementing feedback in a team of reflective teachers.
- Reflecting on your work and observations to grow as a teacher.
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment
- Ability to manage the physical demands of caring for active children, being outdoors in all weather, bending, and lifting.
Salary: $17.50 a hour
Job Type: Part-time
Email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] to apply.