Substitute Infant-Toddler Teacher
We need energetic, open-minded teachers to help foster curiosity, authenticity, and respect with young children. An Our Neighborhood team member should love working with children and believe that young are competent individuals worthy of a loving, engaging environment.
As a substitute you will step in when a teacher is away. You may be scheduled hours to cover a vacation or on call when another team member is unexpectedly out. You’ll get an opportunity to explore different age groups and work with different teaching teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interacting and connecting with children, families, and Our Neighborhood partners in ways that support strong relationships, respect, and a view of children as learners and thinkers.
- Working with teaching teams to maintain healthy, safe, and engaging classroom environments,
- Communicating with families and colleagues.
- Approaching conflicts as opportunities to learn and coaching children to be problem solvers.
- Using Our Neighborhood philosophies (ex: RIE, Nonviolent Communication, Conscious Discipline) to inform daily practice.
Salary: $11.50 - 14.00 hourly
Job Type: On-Call
Email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] to apply.