The Fourth Trimester
by Kimberly Ann Johnson
Nothing can really prepare you for the change you undergo as you become a mother. Many parents-to-be focus on the birth and the physical preparations that need to be made for a baby. “The Fourth Trimester” provides a detailed look at the emotional a physiology preparations that help support an easeful transition into parenthood. Johnson offers historical context, practical advice, and many opportunities for reflection. This book is a great resource help parents prepare for this big life change, as much as one can prepare.
- The period after birth is a significant time that would be wise to treat with care.
- New mothers need mothering themselves so they can care for baby.
- This huge life change will affect your relationship with your spouse.
- Slow and intentional return to exercise is essential to long term recovery.
- There are a few things that are impractical for most families.
- Some may find the book too spiritual or mystical.