Full-time Preschool Teacher
We are looking for teachers to join our growing Learning Studio!
In 2020, Our Neighborhood expanded in our new building to add the Learning Studio, a P-2 classroom serving children preschool (age 3) through 2nd grade (age eight). The Learning Studio is a mixed age, project centered learning environment, with teachers who are deeply committed to learning through play in a healthy social emotional environment. Teachers create curriculum from work that they observe in the classroom, and provide opportunities for children to meet age appropriate SOL standards.
If you are an energetic, open-minded teacher, willing to foster curiosity, exploration, and hold respect for young children, you may be a good fit! One of Our Neighborhood’s values is authenticity. As such, we hope that our teachers will bring their full selves to work, with all their diverse perspectives to share. First and foremost, Our Neighborhood team members should love working with children. Teachers act from a belief that young children are competent individuals worthy of a loving engaging environment. Strong candidates have a disposition towards learning and reflection, collaboration skills, and the ability to be self directed. We expect and support our team to continue growing professionally, as we believe all people are lifelong learners.
One unique part of Our Neighborhood is the opportunity to have a voice in the school’s organization. Through Holacracy, teachers can find roles that fit their strengths and participate in enrollment, hiring, and more!
As a teacher at Our Neighborhood, you will have an opportunity to learn from diverse teaching teams and contribute your gifts to a thriving school. We hope you will join us in positively impacting the lives of young children and families.
- Interacting and connecting with children, families, and Our Neighborhood partners in ways that support strong relationships, respect, and collaboration.
- Working in a co-teaching team to maintain a healthy, safe, and engaging classroom environment, develop curriculum, and care for all children.
- Communicating daily with families, scheduling and conducting bi-annual parent-teacher conferences, supporting families in their learning.
- Fostering a rich Reggio-inspired curriculum based in a strong view of children as learners and thinkers.
- Using Our Neighborhood philosophies (ex: RIE, Nonviolent Communication, Conscious Discipline) to inform daily practice.
- Approaching conflicts as opportunities to learn, and coaching children to be problem solvers.
- Learning about and participating in Holacracy, a unique organizational structure allowing for an agile, self-governing system, rather than a traditional hierarchical approach.
- Creating a safe environment for children to take healthy risks.
- Keeping composure to support children through challenges.
- Maintaining awareness, presence, and attunement in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Receiving and implementing feedback in a team of reflective teachers.
- Reflecting on your work and observations to grow as a teacher.
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment
- Ability to manage the physical demands of caring for active children, being outdoors in all weather, bending, and lifting.
- Background checks free of barrier crimes.
- This position is full-time.
- Salary: $32,510 to $38,500
- Health insurance, paid time off, dental insurance, retirement contribution, and more
Salary: 37,010 annually
Job Type: Full Time
Email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] to apply.