Sleepless in America
by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka
This is by far the best sleep book on the market! “Sleepless in America” walks you through the various challenges that parents face when it comes to sleep. It talks a lot about the importance of sleep, and how sleep deprivation can drastically affect your child. It also offers many suggestions and ways to diagnose what is really going on so you can address what is really going on, and better help your child (and your whole family) get better sleep.
- This book is easy to use and has a wealth of information and sound advice for parents struggling with sleep.
- The author offers new insights about what affects sleep.
- This book is very supportive of parents doing what works for their family, rather than shaming them for not pushing independence.
- This book offers clear ways to change habits and create a schedule that works for your family.
- Prioritizing sleep is necessary for this to work and that can be a hard thing to do in our ultra-productive and active culture.
- This book is a little long for the sleep deprived who would like to get to the routine. Resist the temptation to skip the first sections they are crucial to building healthy practice.